Transfer between academic units is not automatic. If students decide to earn their degrees in an academic unit other than the one in which they are matriculated, they must submit a Change of Program (may also be referred to as an Intra-University transfer or IUT).

To be eligible to complete a Change of Program (CoP), a student should be in academic good standing. Please consult the individual school or college policy in the Bulletin for specific school/college CoP requirements. In addition the Tyler School of Art and Architecture requires a portfolio and Esther Boyer College of Music and Dance requires an audition.

Students who are compelled to change their program after exhausting the number of permitted attempts for a required course under the Repeating a Course policy may consult another school or college or the Division of University Studies, regardless of grade point average, academic standing, or the number of credits completed.

Students interested in changing programs should initiate the process via their TUportal. On TUportal, select the Student Tools tab. In the Registration Box, click on the Change of Program (Major) link to begin the CoP process. If you need additional information, contact the school/college advising office to which you would like to transfer.