Real Estate Minor
- Open only to business students.
- The Real Estate minor allows students who wish to obtain their Pennsylvania real estate license an opportunity to take classes that will better prepare them for the licensing exam. It will permit business students to have a broader exposure to real estate fundamentals, practice, and finance.
- All business students are required to take ACCT 2101 and ACCT 2102 as part of the lower division Fox School Foundation.
- Four prerequisite courses are required for this minor:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 ECON 1102 Microeconomic Principles 3 LGLS 1101 Legal Environment of Business 3 FIN 3101 Financial Management 3
- Four courses are required:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours FIN 3509 Real Estate Investment and Finance 3 RE 3501 Real Estate Fundamentals 3 RE 3502 Real Estate Practice 3 Select one of the following: 3 Commercial Real Estate Analysis Real Estate Financial Modeling Real Estate Finance and Mortgage Markets Real Estate Development Residential Property Management Management of Corporate Real Estate Assets Total Credit Hours 12
- Minimum grades of C are required for the departmental courses.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.