Students interested in expanding their career options through a general knowledge of marketing and information systems principles and specializing in digital marketing should consider completing a Minor in Digital Marketing, offered by the Department of Marketing. The Digital Marketing minor integrates marketing with digital technology and analytics to prepare students for new and emerging jobs related to analytics, blogging, search engine optimization, e-detailing, site design, Internet research, digital demographics, personalization, customer relationship management, information architecture, social media, e-commerce and media design.
The Digital Marketing minor is open to all students. The minor is particularly relevant for Marketing, Human Resource Management, Business Management, and Management Information Systems students. It is also ideal for students in Lew Klein College of Media and Communication.
Campus Location: Main
Note: Select online course options may be offered at the discretion of the department.
Learn more about the Digital Marketing minor.
Joydeep Srivastava, Department Chair
Alter Hall, Room 515
Melissa Glenn, Department Deputy Chair
Alter Hall, Room 518
- Quantitative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required for success in this minor; a cumulative GPA of 3.0 is recommended.
- Eight courses required (six must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 or ECON 1901 Honors Macroeconomic Principles MIS 2101 Digital Systems 1 3 or MIS 2901 Honors Digital Systems MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 or MKTG 2901 Honors Marketing Management MIS 2502 Data and Analytics 1 3 MIS 3504 Digital Design and Innovation 1 3 MIS 3538 Social Media Innovation 3 MKTG 3501 Integrated Marketing Communications 3 MKTG 3508 Digital Marketing 3 Total Credit Hours 24
Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Marketing majors who declare Digital Marketing minor will complete MKTG 3501 and MKTG 3508 as well as two other Marketing electives for the Marketing major.
- MIS majors who declare Digital Marketing minor will complete MIS 3505 instead of MIS 2502, which is already required for the MIS major.
- Some courses are only offered once a year depending on demand for the course.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.