Offered by the Department of Accounting, the Minor in Accounting is open to all students. The minor provides provides valuable skills in the theory and practice of financial and managerial accounting. Students will learn basic business foundations, financial statements and the accountant's role in the management of a company. The Accounting minor can expand career opportunities and increase marketability with a strong foundation in the language and basic tools of business.
Campus Location: Main and Online
Elizabeth A. Gordon, Accounting Department Chair
Alter Hall, Room 453
- Open to business or non-business students.
- Understand basic business foundations, financial statements, and the accountant's role in the management of a company.
- Prerequisite courses for the minor:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 ECON 1102 Microeconomic Principles 3 ACCT 2103 Financial and Managerial Accounting for Decision Making 4-6 or ACCT 2101
& ACCT 2102
and Managerial Accounting
Total Credit Hours 10-12
- Minimum grades of C- are required in prerequisite courses and are not calculated in the minor GPA.
- Four departmental courses are required (three of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ACCT 2521 Cost Accounting 3 ACCT 3511 Intermediate Accounting I 3 Select two of the following: 6 Intermediate Accounting II Accounting Information Systems Federal Taxes on Income Topics in Taxation Advanced Financial Accounting Information Systems and Controls for Accounting Professionals Auditing 1 Accounting Analytics Senior Seminar Strategic Financial Management Accounting Total Credit Hours 12
- Minimum grades of C are required in accounting courses unless otherwise specified.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in courses in the minor is required.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
- Courses are available 100% online.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.