The Minor in Organizational Leadership, offered by the Department of Management, is open to students in the Fox School of Business and Management (except for Business Management majors) and the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Research shows that business school graduates need certain skills beyond their technical competence as they step into leadership roles. Graduates with the Organizational Leadership minor are better able to think and act in valuable ways that benefit the interests of multiple organizational stakeholders. The four courses comprising this minor enhance your organizational leadership skills, specifically:
- Organizational communication and influence;
- Conflict management and negotiation;
- Team building and performance management; and
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
Campus Location: Main
John A. McClendon, Chair
Alter Hall, Room 354
Department of Management
Alter Hall, Room 333
- The requirements for the minor are:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ACCT 2101 Financial Accounting 3 or ACCT 2901 Honors Financial Accounting or ACCT 2501 Survey of Accounting ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 or ECON 1901 Honors Macroeconomic Principles HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 or HRM 1901 Honors Leadership and Organizational Management MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 or MKTG 2901 Honors Marketing Management HRM 3501 Power, Influence and Negotiation 3 HRM 3502 Leading People at Work 3 HRM 3503 Communicating in Organizations 3 HRM 3504 Leadership in the 21st Century 3 or HRM 3904 Honors, The Leadership Experience: Leading Yourself, Leading Change, Leading Communities Total Credit Hours 24
- Five of the eight courses required for the minor must be taken at Temple University.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course, unless otherwise specified.
- HRM 3501, HRM 3502, HRM 3503, HRM 3504, or HRM 3904 cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.