The Minor in Economics, offered by the Fox School of Business and Management, is open to Fox students only. This minor is for Fox students who wish to understand basic business foundations and how the impact of economics affects public and personal issues.
Non-business students interested in an Economics minor may complete the Minor in Economics in the College of Liberal Arts.
Campus Location: Main
Michael Bognanno, Department Chair
Gladfelter Hall, Room 209
Michael Leeds, Director of Undergraduate Studies and Advisor
Gladfelter Hall, Room 208
College of Liberal Arts' Department of Economics
Gladfelter Hall, 2nd Floor
- Four departmental courses are required (three must be completed at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses ECON 3501 Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis 3 or ECON 3502 Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis Select three of the following: 1 9 Introduction to Econometrics Mathematical Economics Energy, Ecology, and Economy Health Economics The Economics and Management of Privatization Public Finance Economics of State and Local Governments The Economics of Education and Human Capital Game Theory and Strategic Behavior Economic Theory of Networks Urban Economics History of Economic Theory Economic History of the United States Public Control of Business: Antitrust Economics of American Industry Comparative Economic Systems Managerial Economics The Economics of Sports Law and Economics Computer-Based Modeling Economics of Labor Markets Women in the Economy Economics of Development and Growth Behavioral Economics International Trade International Monetary Economics Money and Banking Special Topics Independent Study Economics Writing Seminar Independent Study Honors Topics in Economics Total Credit Hours 12
- ECON 3408, ECON 3581, ECON 3696, ECON 3999, and ECON 4999 cannot be used to fulfill an Elective for the Economics minor.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in courses in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.