The Minor in Sales, offered by the Department of Management, allows business students to augment their business degree with specific skills and expertise that are valued in many different fields and industries. Graduates with the Sales minor can combine this expertise with any business major to align with personalized career strategies. These skills are valuable in a wide variety of business contexts, making graduates with this minor stand out in their chosen field.
This minor is open to Fox School of Business and Management students only.
The major includes an emphasis on
- Marketing, and
- Customer relationship management.
Campus Location: Main
John A. McClendon, Chair
Alter Hall, Room 354
Tony Petrucci, Associate Professor, Sales Minor
Alter Hall, Room 333f
Department of Management Office
Alter Hall, Room 333
- Six courses are required (four of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 MKTG 3501 Integrated Marketing Communications 3 MKTG 3504 Professional Selling and Sales Management 3 HRM 3501 Power, Influence and Negotiation 3 Select one of the following: 3 Leading People at Work Communicating in Organizations Leadership in the 21st Centuryor HRM 3904 Honors, The Leadership Experience: Leading Yourself, Leading Change, Leading Communities Total Credit Hours 18
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Marketing majors who declare the Sales minor will complete MKTG 3501 and MKTG 3504 for the minor, as well as two other Marketing electives for the Marketing major.
- Business Management majors who declare the Sales minor will complete HRM 3504 or HRM 3904 instead of HRM 3501, as well as HRM 3502. See below.
Course List Code Title Credit Hours HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 MKTG 3501 Integrated Marketing Communications 3 MKTG 3504 Professional Selling and Sales Management 3 HRM 3504 Leadership in the 21st Century 3 or HRM 3904 Honors, The Leadership Experience: Leading Yourself, Leading Change, Leading Communities HRM 3502 Leading People at Work 3 Total Credit Hours 18
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required, as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.