The Minor in Marketing, offered by the Department of Marketing, allows students to explore a firm's value creation, customer acquisition, and development and retention processes, expanding career options especially for students with majors in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, International Business, Management Information Systems, and Real Estate. Students can develop career-based competencies in the marketing minor.
This minor is open only to students in the Fox School of Business and Management and the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Campus Locations: Main and Online
Joydeep Srivastava, Marketing Department Chair
Alter Hall, Room 515
Melissa Glenn, Marketing Department Deputy Chair
Alter Hall, Room 518
- Both Fox and STHM students are required to take MKTG 2101 as part of their school's foundation requirements. STHM students also need to complete STAT 2103/STAT 2903 as a prerequisite.
- Four additional Marketing courses required (all four must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses 1 MKTG 3511 Marketing Research 3 MKTG 3596 Consumer and Buyer Behavior 3 Electives 2 Select two of the following: 6 Integrated Marketing Communications Professional Selling and Sales Management Retail Management Digital Marketing Customer Data Analytics Service Marketing Sustainable Consumer Centric Innovation Special Topics - Marketing Total Credit Hours 12
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C in each course, including MKTG 2101.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
- Many of these courses are available online.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.