Healthcare Management Minor
- Open to business or non-business students.
- Develop value-added skills for students who aim to understand the structure, policy, finance, and strategy/operations issues of healthcare organizations.
- Three courses required (all three courses must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses HCM 3501 Introduction to Health Services Systems 3 HCM 3502 Healthcare Financing and Information Technology 3 HCM 4596 Healthcare Quality and Risk Management (fall only) 3 Total Credit Hours 9
- Courses must be taken in sequence, not concurrently, so a minimum of three semesters is required to complete this minor.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Health Economics (ECON 3507) is recommended but not required as an additional course.
- Risk Management majors who complete the Healthcare track are not eligible for the minor.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or assistance.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.