Offered by the Fox School of Business and Management, the Minor in Business is designed for undergraduate degree-seeking students outside the Fox School of Business and Management. The minor provides non-business students with an overview of specific, critical business areas and is designed to enhance students' readiness for work in business or other organizations after graduation and increase their professional marketability. In addition, this quantitatively-oriented minor provides a good foundation for non-business students to facilitate the transition into an MBA program.
Students interested in a less quantitatively-oriented business minor may consider the General Business Studies minor.
Campus Locations: Main and Online
Chuck Allen, Associate Vice Dean for Undergraduate Programs
Alter Hall, Room 369
- Completion of MATH 1022, STAT 1001, or calculus with a minimum grade of C- is a prerequisite for some courses in this minor.
- Eight courses required (five of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 ECON 1102 Microeconomic Principles 3 HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 ACCT 2101 Financial Accounting 3-4 or ACCT 2103 Financial and Managerial Accounting for Decision Making MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 RMI 2101 Introduction to Risk Management 3 STAT 2103 Statistical Business Analytics 3-4 or MATH 1013 Elements of Statistics One of the following courses can be substituted for STAT 2103 if required for the student's program: Probability, Statistics & Stochastic Methods Statistics for Psychology Social Statistics Statistical Methods in Sociology Total Credit Hours 21-23
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
- Courses are available 100% online.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.