International Business Administration Minor
The International Business Administration (IB) minor is the perfect complement to any major. The IB minor has attracted students from six different Temple colleges to make diversity through interdisciplinary pedagogy a reality. Students who wish to pursue the IB minor can select the geographic region of their choice through any IB 2500-level course: Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Europe, or Latin America. Neither mastery of a foreign language nor study abroad are required for the IB minor.
- Open to business and non-business students.
- Designed to benefit students of all majors by giving them an option to study International Business courses and, therefore, embrace an increasingly international world without having to be fully proficient in a foreign language. The International Business Administration minor is the perfect complement to any major.
- Four courses are prerequisites for this minor (two of these must be taken at Temple):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 1 3 or ECON 1901 Honors Macroeconomic Principles ECON 1102 Microeconomic Principles 1 3 or ECON 1902 Honors Microeconomic Principles HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 1 3 or HRM 1901 Honors Leadership and Organizational Management MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 2 3 or MKTG 2901 Honors Marketing Management Total Credit Hours 12 1 2
Note: Prerequisite courses are not calculated in the minor GPA.
Required courses (three of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Select two Geographical International Business electives: 6 Fundamentals of International Business (non-business students only) 1 Fundamentals of Asian Business Fundamentals of Latin American Business Fundamentals of European Business Fundamentals of Business in Africa and the Middle East Short Study Trip Abroad: Doing Business in a Foreign Country Electives Select two of the following: 6 International Business & Marketing International Business Internshipor IB 3585 International Business Internship Sales and Sales Management Entrepreneurial Marketing Digital Marketing International Business & Supply Chain Management Principles of Supply Chain Management 2 Transportation and Logistics Management 2 International Business & Entrepreneurship Global Entrepreneurship 3 Planning to Start Your Own Business Entrepreneurial and Innovative Thinking Lean Startup: Fast and Inexpensive Ways to Test and Launch Your Ideas Total Credit Hours 12 1 2 3
IB 3596 has an additional prerequisite.
- Two of the four prerequisite courses and three of the four required courses for the minor must be taken at Temple University.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course, unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.