- Open only to business or School of Sport, Tourism & Hospitality Management students.
- The Marketing minor allows students to explore a firm's value creation, customer acquisition, and development and retention processes, expanding career options especially for students with majors in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, International Business, Management Information Systems, and Real Estate. Students can develop career based competencies in the marketing minor.
- Both Fox and STHM students are required to take MKTG 2101 as part of their School Foundation requirements. STHM students would need to also complete STAT 2103/STAT 2903 as a prerequisite.
- Four additional Marketing courses required (all four must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses 1 MKTG 3511 Marketing Research 3 MKTG 3596 Consumer and Buyer Behavior 3 Electives 2 Select two of the following: 6 Marketing for the Sustainable Enterprise Integrated Marketing Communications Information Management for Marketing Strategies Sales and Sales Management Entrepreneurial Marketing Value Delivery Networks in Marketing Direct Marketing Digital Marketing Customer Data Analytics Professional Selling International Marketing Special Topics - Marketing Total Credit Hours 12 1 2
Students are encouraged to "smart pair" the electives for career readiness (e.g. Communications: MKTG 3501 and MKTG 3507; Sales: MKTG 3504 and MKTG 3507 or MKTG 3512; Retailing and B2B: MKTG 3506 and MKTG 3507; Data Analytics: MKTG 3502 and MKTG 3509).
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C in each course, including MKTG 2101.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- For more information on this minor, visit the Marketing and Supply Chain Management department.
To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Many of these courses are available online.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.