Digital Marketing Minor
- Open to business or non-business students.
- Integrates marketing with digital technology and analytics to prepare students for new and emerging jobs related to analytics, blogging, search engine optimization, e-detailing, site design, Internet research, digital demographics, personalization, customer relationship management, information architecture, social media, e-commerce, and media design.
- Appropriate for all students, but particularly relevant for students majoring in Advertising, Communication Studies, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, and Strategic Communication.
- Quantitative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required for success in this minor; a cumulative GPA of 3.0 is recommended.
- Prerequisite courses required for non-business students:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 1 3 or ECON 1901 Honors Macroeconomic Principles MIS 2101 Information Systems in Organizations 2 3 or MIS 2901 Honors: Information Systems in Organizations MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 2 3 or MKTG 2901 Honors Marketing Management Total Credit Hours 9 1 2
Note: Prerequisite courses are not calculated in the minor GPA.
- Five courses required (four must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours MIS 2502 Data Analytics 3 MIS 3504 Digital Design and Innovation 3 MIS 3538 Social Media Innovation 3 MKTG 3507 Direct Marketing 3 MKTG 3508 Digital Marketing 3 Total Credit Hours 15
Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Marketing majors who declare Digital Marketing Minor will complete MKTG 3507 and MKTG 3508 as well as two other Marketing electives for the Marketing major.
- MIS majors who declare Digital Marketing Minor will complete:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses MIS 3538 Social Media Innovation 3 MKTG 3596 Consumer and Buyer Behavior 3 MKTG 3507 Direct Marketing 3 MKTG 3508 Digital Marketing 3 Elective Select one of the following: 3 Media and Society The Business of Media Introduction to Media Technology Introduction to Internet Studies and Web Authoring Media & Culture Survey of New Media Web Art & Design Audio/Visual Newsgathering Design for Journalists Multimedia Storytelling Mac Design Programs I Introduction to Web Design Communication Through Graphic Design Information Management for Marketing Strategies Sales and Sales Management Entrepreneurial Marketing Marketing Research Information Systems Innovation Co-operative Experience in Management Information Systems Entrepreneurial and Innovative Thinking Total Credit Hours 15
- Some courses are only offered once a year depending on demand for the course.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.