Business Analytics Minor
- Open to high-performing business students with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Understand how to unlock the value buried in corporate data and create new business opportunities using cutting-edge tools and techniques in predictive modeling, forecasting, association mining, cluster analysis, decision trees, unstructured “big” data, sentiment analysis, and experimental design.
- Three prerequisite courses are required for this minor:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours MIS 2101 Information Systems in Organizations 1 3 MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 1 3 STAT 2103 Statistical Business Analytics 1 4 1
Minimum grades of C are required in prerequisite courses and are not calculated in the minor GPA.
- Five courses are required (three must be taken at Temple University.) Recommended sequence is listed below:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours MIS 2502 Data Analytics 1 3 STAT 2521 Data Analysis and Statistical Computing 3 MKTG 3509 Customer Data Analytics 3 STAT 2523 Design of Experiments and Quality Control 3 MKTG 3508 Digital Marketing 3 Total Credit Hours 15 1
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course. A minimum grade of C is required in MIS 2502.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- For more information, visit the Statistics department.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.