- Open to business or non-business students.
- Understand basic business foundations, financial statements, and the accountant’s role in the management of a company.
- Eight courses are prerequisites for the minor:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 ECON 1102 Microeconomic Principles 3 HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 ACCT 2101 Financial Accounting 3 ACCT 2102 Managerial Accounting 3 or ACCT 2521 Cost Accounting MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 RMI 2101 Introduction to Risk Management 3 STAT 2103 Statistical Business Analytics (or STAT 2101 or MATH 1013) 4 One of the following can be substituted for STAT 2103 if required for the student's program: Probability, Statistics & Stochastic Methods Foundations in Statistical Methods Inferential Methods in Psychology Social Statistics Statistical Methods in Sociology Total Credit Hours 25
- Minimum grades of C- are required in prerequisite courses and are not calculated in the minor GPA.
- Four departmental courses are required (three of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ACCT 3511 Intermediate Accounting I 3 ACCT 3512 Intermediate Accounting II 3 Select two additional courses in Accounting: 6 Cost Accounting 1 Accounting Information Systems Federal Taxes on Income (recommended) Advanced Accounting Auditing (recommended) Total Credit Hours 12 1
- Minimum grades of C are required in accounting courses unless otherwise specified.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in courses in the minor is required.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
- Courses are available 100% online.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.