Summary of Requirements
- All students must complete Temple University's General Education (GenEd) curriculum.
- All students must take a minimum of two writing-intensive courses at Temple University (including transfer students). The specific writing-intensive courses required for this major are AOD 3396 and AOD 4396.
Refer to the College Requirements for specific information.
- Students must complete 33 credit hours in the major.
- All courses in the major must be passed with a grade of "C-" or better; students must earn a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Complete the following course requirements in Adult and Organizational Development:
|AOD 1016||Introduction to Adult Learning and Training||3|
|AOD 1166||Interpersonal Communication through the Life Span||3|
|AOD 2176||Team Process in Education||3|
|AOD 2201||Research Methods in Applied Communication||3|
|AOD 2214||Conflict and Communication||3|
|AOD 2215||Mediation: Principles and Practice||3|
|AOD 3316||Negotiation Processes||3|
|AOD 3376||Facilitating Group Decision-Making||3|
|AOD 3396||Organizational Communication (WI)||3|
|AOD 4016||Advanced Adult Learning and Training||3|
|AOD 4396||Field Research: Practice in Professional Settings (WI)||3|
|Total Credit Hours||33|
AOD strives to be a flexible and dynamic program that accommodates students transitioning in from other majors. AOD courses are offered both at Main campus and at Ambler. Although flexible, a minimum of three semesters is necessary to complete the AOD B.A. degree requirements. Students transferring into AOD in their senior year are not guaranteed to finish the degree in two semesters. We strongly advise that no more than two other AOD courses be taken along with the Field Research: Practice in Professional Settings "capstone" course that is completed during the final semester prior to graduation. This Capstone course requires the reflection on and application of AOD principles gained in prior courses.