Graduate Certificate: Human Resource Management
FOX SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Learn more about the graduate certificate in Human Resource Management.
About the Certificate
People are a critical component of all organizations. They are the ones who produce the products, serve the customers, verify the financial statements, attract the customers, develop the innovations, and manage the enterprise. Human Resource Management (HRM) plays a crucial role in this arena with its strategies and tactics of:
- attracting and selecting from a diverse talent pool and developing that talent for continued growth and engagement;
- creating motivation and reward systems that support individual and organizational goals;
- ensuring talent retention; and
- ultimately, generating important individual and organizational outcomes.
The focus of this graduate certificate is to equip rising professionals with knowledge of advanced practices in critical HRM areas and an understanding of how those practices affect organizational success. It is designed for both career accelerators and career changers. Courses are delivered online and include virtual classroom meetings with a Fox School faculty member and student-classmates. Rigorous hands-on courses are taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields and business people who have led HR groups. Participants also have the option to transfer credits earned into a Fox graduate degree program, such as the Human Resource Management MS.
Some questions answered in this certificate program are:
- How does one acquire talent efficiently and effectively?
- How can compensation be used to support organizational goals?
- What are the key public policy issues related to HRM?
- How do ethical HRM practices contribute to the enterprise’s success?
The HRM certificate program is appropriate for:
- Human resource practitioners seeking to enhance their careers with new strategies and cutting-edge knowledge.
- General managers who strive to transition to an HRM career.
- General managers who want to deepen their understanding of HRM practices to become better managers.
Full-Time/Part-Time Status: The graduate certificate can be completed on a part-time basis. NOTE: International students may not be eligible to apply for a student visa based on admission to the certificate program. Please contact the Fox School's admissions advisor for more information.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Students are accepted into the certificate program in both the Fall and Spring terms.
APPLY ONLINE to this certificate program.
Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college is required. Applicants who earned their baccalaureate degree from an institution where the language of instruction was other than English, with the exception of those who subsequently earned a master’s degree in a country where the language of instruction is English, must report scores for a standardized test of English.
Statement of Goals: In 250 words or less, describe your goals and motivations for pursuing this certificate program.
Resume: Current resume or CV is required.
Number of Credits Required to Complete the Certificate: 12
|HRM 5051||Developing Human Resource Management Strategies||3|
|HRM 5115||Designing Talent Acquisition Systems||3|
|HRM 5116||Designing Strategic Reward Systems||3|
|HRM 5117||Leading within the Regulated Environment of HRM||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12|
GPA Required to be Awarded the Certificate: 3.0 minimum
Certificate Program Web Address:
Fox School of Business and Management
1801 Liacouras Walk
701 Alter Hall (006-22)
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Submission Address for Application Materials:
Kelly Grace, JD, PhD
Senior Associate Director for Specialized Master's Programs