Programs with Academic Credit

Temple University offers a variety of special programs with academic credit. For more details, contact the school, college, or campus where the program is offered.

Visiting Students

Temple University welcomes students from other colleges and universities who wish to enroll in courses on any of our campuses. All students must provide a transcript of their previous academic work and must have earned at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA. Students must demonstrate that they have received permission from their home institution, listing the specific Temple courses that have been approved for transfer. If the courses have prerequisites, students must provide proof of having taken and passed them. Some courses may also require special authorization from instructors or departments at Temple (e.g. business courses numbered 2000 and above).

Students may request enrollment as a Visiting Student through the Continuing Studies web site. Further information is available at Summer Programs Visiting Students.

Credit Transfer to Your Home Institution

In order to facilitate the transfer of credits, students should request that an academic transcript be sent from Temple to their home institution. Instructions for requesting a transcript can be found at Temple's Office of the University Registrar web site. The transcript will not be sent out automatically. For further information, please visit the Office of the University Registrar web site, call 215-204-1131, or visit in person on the second floor, Conwell Hall, Broad Street and Montgomery Avenue, on the Main Campus. You may also visit the registration office at your campus of choice.

Undergraduate Non-Degree Students

Students who are not currently enrolled at another institution may be permitted to register for some courses as non-degree students. To enroll in undergraduate courses they must have earned a high school diploma or a G.E.D. certificate. Students who have attended another college or university must provide a transcript of their previous academic work and must have earned at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA. With some exceptions, these students are required to take university placement assessments before they can register. However, meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee enrollment as a non-degree student. For more information, and to speak with an academic advisor, please contact the Main Campus Office of Continuing Studies or the office of the campus you wish to attend.

High School Students

High school students who will be entering their senior year may be eligible to register for college-level courses. Before they can register, they must secure and provide written authorization from their guidance counselor or high school principal, specifying the course(s) the student is authorized to take.

Summer Sessions

Temple University welcomes students from other colleges and universities, international students, as well as our own students, to enroll in a summer course at any one of our several campuses. We offer credit, non-credit, day and evening courses at our campuses. We also have several Study Abroad Programs in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.