Temple University Harrisburg
Lynn Notestine, M.S.W.
Temple University Harrisburg
234 Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17101
At Temple Harrisburg, you will find an active community of students improving their professional knowledge and skills. Temple Harrisburg is engaged in improving the central Pennsylvania community through academic degrees, certificate programs, and professional development programs.
The mission of Temple University Harrisburg (TUH) is to serve as the leading academic and professional development center in the areas of social work, education, public policy and public service in central Pennsylvania.
The campus location in the capital region allows the opportunity to share Temple's commitment to social justice, innovative research and community service with legislative, governmental decision makers and the public. TUH strives to support the university's role in the public discourse on social and policy issues through the provision of excellent graduate programs, professional development opportunities, public policy discussion and innovative research.
For further information regarding the programs highlighted below, please visit the Temple University Harrisburg web site at harrisburg.temple.edu.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Strengths-based Leadership Certificate
- Grant Writing Certificate Program
- Certificate in Working with Veterans and Their Families
Non-Credit Programs/Professional Development
- Credential for Strengths-based Family Workers
- Network of Evaluation Services and Training (NEST)
- Non-Profit Management Training Program & Enhancing Communities Lunch Series
- International Nonprofit Training and Leadership Training Program (INTL)
- Institute on Protective Services
- Certified Investigator Training Program
- Institute on Adolescent Sexual Health
- Teacher Professional Development
- Personal Care Home Administrator Training
- Medication Administration Training Program
- Community Health Worker Training Program
The Institute for Public Affairs sponsors an internship semester in association with Temple University Harrisburg. Students have the opportunity to gain experience in government affairs, policymaking and policy implementation first-hand at the State Capital.
Transfer Degree: Liberal Studies
Temple University Harrisburg is committed to building transfer programs to serve the needs of the Capital area community. Potential transfer students are encouraged to contact the Assistant Director for Academic Programs about opportunities. Transfer students may apply for the Liberal Studies program in Harrisburg with a focus on social sciences. The requirements are designed to be flexible and allow for a significant number of transfer credits. Students enroll in a combination of online, face-to-face or hybrid courses.
The Temple University Strawberry Square facility is 20,000 square feet located across from the capitol in an office/shopping complex and offers a wide range of classrooms, conference rooms and computer labs equipped with the latest technology for meeting, video conferencing and presentation needs.