Statistics and Data Science Minor
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.
- Open to business or non-business students.
- Become proficient in the ability to select, utilize, and apply quantitative and data analysis skills to your major field of study. Skilled users of data enhance their career opportunities.
- Completion of MATH 1022/STAT 1001 or calculus with a minimum grade of C- is a prerequisite for some courses in this minor.
- One prerequisite course is required:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Select one of the following: STAT 2103 Statistical Business Analytics 4 or STAT 2903 Honors Statistical Business Analytics STAT 2104 Selected Topics in Statistical Business Analytics 1
- One of the following courses can be substituted for STAT 2103/STAT 2903 if required for the student's program:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours CEE 3048 Probability, Statistics & Stochastic Methods 3 PSY 1167 Foundations in Statistical Methods 3 PSY 2168 Inferential Methods in Psychology 3 SOC 1167 Social Statistics 3 SOC 3201 Statistical Methods in Sociology 4 MATH 3031 Probability Theory I 3 ECE 3522 Stochastic Processes in Signals and Systems 3 AS 2101 Actuarial Probability and Statistics II 3 ANTH 0825 Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences 4 POLS 0825 Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences 4 PSY 0825 Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences 4 SOC 0825 Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences 4
- A minimum grade of C is required for the prerequisite.
- Five additional courses are required:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours STAT 2521 Data Analysis and Statistical Computing 3 STAT 3503 Applied Statistics and Data Science 3 STAT 3505 Introduction to SAS for Data Analytics 3 Select two of the following: 6 Survey Design and Sampling Design of Experiments and Quality Control Regression and Predictive Analytics Time Series and Forecasting Models Total Credit Hours 15
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course.
- Four of the six courses must be completed at Temple University.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.