Legal Studies Minor for Real Estate Majors
- Open only to Real Estate majors.
- Prepare students with a background in sustainability, environmental regulation, policy considerations and compliance required of any real estate professional.
- All students in the Fox School of Business and Management are required to take LGLS 1101 as part of their lower division Fox School foundation.
- Four courses are required:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours LGLS 1112 Law for Business 3 LGLS 3511 Environmental Law and Sustainability 3 RE 3502 Real Estate Practice 1 3 Select one of the following: 3 Public Policy Corporate Governance Total Credit Hours 12
If any of the above courses are required for another program, select from the following to satisfy the minor:
One of two required courses to take the Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson test. The other, RE 3501, is required by the Real Estate major.
Course List Code Title Credit Hours LGLS 3513 Public Policy 3 LGLS 3521 Corporate Governance 3 RE 3524 Residential Property Management 3 RE 3525 Management of Corporate Real Estate Assets 3
- Three of the four courses required for the minor must be taken at Temple University.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- To declare or rescind this minor visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.