Legal Studies Minor for Human Resource Managers
- Open only to Human Resource Management majors.
- Prepare students for the legal issues that human resource professionals regularly address in the workplace.
- All students in the Fox School are required to take LGLS 1101 as part of their lower division Fox School foundation.
- Four additional courses are required:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses LGLS 1112 Law for Business 1 3 LGLS 3513 Public Policy 3 Elective Select two of the following: 6 Corporate Governance Technology, Privacy and Intellectual Property Law Detecting Financial Crimes Legal Aspects of Global Business (recommended) Special Topics - Lawor LGLS 3900 Honors Special Topics Pre-Law Internship and Seminar Total Credit Hours 12 1
- Three of the four courses required for the minor must be taken at Temple University. Residency excludes LGLS 1101 or LGLS 1901.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.