Information Technology Innovation & Entrepreneurship Minor
- Open only to business students who have completed MIS 2101.
- Integrate two of the most important elements of the Fox School: the enabling role of IT and the drive of entrepreneurial thinking.
- Four courses required (all four must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses SGM 3501 Entrepreneurial and Innovative Thinking 3 MIS 3536 Information Systems Innovation 3 Electives Select two of the following: 6 Data and Analytics Digital Design and Innovation Co-operative Experience in Management Information Systems Lean Startup: Fast and Inexpensive Ways to Test and Launch Your Ideas Entrepreneurial Marketingor MSP 4614 Creating a Media Business Total Credit Hours 12
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Entrepreneurship majors who declare ITIE minor may need to substitute different courses. Students are encouraged to find a relevant course appropriate to their interest. Substitutions will need to be approved in advance by the department and Senior Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs.
- MIS majors who declare ITIE minor are encouraged to take the non-MIS courses for the electives.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- For more information and to declare or rescind this minor, visit the MIS department.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.