Human Resource Minor for Legal Studies
- Open only to Legal Studies majors.
- Provides Legal Studies majors who understand the legal aspects of business decisions with the additional understanding of human resource strategies and practices (e.g., negotiation, recruitment and reward systems, public policy compliance, and labor relations).
- Four courses required (three of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours HRM 2501 Introduction to Human Resource Management 3 HRM 3501 Power, Influence and Negotiation 3 HRM 3512 Human Resource Management and Public Policy 3 HRM 3513 Labor Relations: Strategy and Practice 3
- A grade point average of 2.0 in courses in the minor is required, as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.