Graduate Certificate: Real Estate
FOX SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Learn more about the graduate certificate in Real Estate.
About the Certificate
The graduate certificate in Real Estate, which is offered by the Department of Finance in the Fox School, speaks to today’s societal and business challenges that commercial real estate plays a critical role in solving.
The certificate in Real Estate benefits a diverse group of professionals with interest in learning more about real estate analytics, infrastructure, innovation, investment, optimization, social impact and valuation, but who may not be interested in, or ready to, matriculate into the Real Estate MS program.
This certificate program appeals to professionals as well as business and government leaders seeking to:
- Obtain access to extraordinary networking opportunities inside and outside of the classroom through a synchronous virtual program that attracts real estate professionals and business leaders from around the world.
- Understand how real estate can be the currency for inclusive economic development, navigating rapid technological and social change and re-configuring built space, that will determine the future prosperity of our country and people.
- Learn how real estate can optimize human capital and deliver social impact through development, environmental stewardship, finance, infrastructure, innovation, place-making, shared wealth creation, sustainability and valuation.
- Expand market understanding of career pathways in real estate in a way that creates more industry diversity.
- Embrace the rapid pace of technological change to become leaders in the real estate industry through valuing, developing, optimizing, managing assets, and delivering real estate investment returns and development impact.
- Master skills in the use of current and future technologies in the real estate industry (Argus, XLS, ArcGIS, A/R).
- Create a pathway, if desired, to obtain a master’s degree from one of the top business schools in the country, while also gaining invaluable credit toward various industry designations and elevating job prospects.
Full-Time/Part-Time Status: The graduate certificate can be completed on a part-time basis. NOTE: International students may not be eligible to apply for a student visa based on admission to the certificate program. Please contact the Fox School's admissions advisor for more information.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Students are accepted into the certificate program in both the Fall and Spring terms.
APPLY ONLINE to this certificate program.
Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college is required. Applicants who earned their baccalaureate degree from an institution where the language of instruction was other than English, with the exception of those who subsequently earned a master’s degree in a country where the language of instruction is English, must report scores for a standardized test of English.
Statement of Goals: In 250 words or less, describe your goals and motivations for pursuing this certificate program.
Resume: Current resume or CV is required.
Number of Credits Required to Complete the Certificate: 12
|Select four courses from the following:||12|
|Real Estate Law and Practice|
|Real Estate Finance and Capital Markets|
|Enterprise Real Estate Asset Optimization|
|Real Estate Development, Construction, and Design|
|Real Estate Valuation and Market Analysis|
|Infrastructure Development and Sustainability|
|Inclusive Economic Development and Place-Making/Real Estate Innovation|
|Affordable Housing Development and Finance|
|Institutional Investment Management|
|Total Credit Hours||12|
GPA Required to be Awarded the Certificate: 3.0 minimum
Certificate Program Web Address:
Fox School of Business and Management
1801 Liacouras Walk
701 Alter Hall (006-22)
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Submission Address for Application Materials:
David Wilk, CRE, MAI, FRICS
Senior Associate Director for Specialized Master's Programs