Management Information Systems Minor
- Open to business or non-business students.
- Learn to identify, select and evaluate technology solutions for business problems, become a knowledgeable user of IT and become the person in the organization who can successfully interact with technology professionals.
- Nine courses are prerequisites for the minor:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 ECON 1102 Microeconomic Principles 3 HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 ACCT 2101 Financial Accounting 3 ACCT 2102 Managerial Accounting 3 or ACCT 2521 Cost Accounting MIS 2101 Information Systems in Organizations 3 MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 RMI 2101 Introduction to Risk Management 3 STAT 2103 Statistical Business Analytics (or STAT 2101 or MATH 1013) 4 One of the following can be substituted for STAT 2103 if required for the student's program: Probability, Statistics & Stochastic Methods Foundations in Statistical Methods Inferential Methods in Psychology Social Statistics Statistical Methods in Sociology Total Credit Hours 28
- Nine course alternative prerequisites for the minor:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours ACCT 2101 Financial Accounting 3 ECON 1101 Macroeconomic Principles 3 HRM 1101 Leadership and Organizational Management 3 MIS 2101 Information Systems in Organizations 3 MKTG 2101 Marketing Management 3 RMI 2501 Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning 3 Three electives chosen from the menu of the General Business Studies Minor, excluding MIS courses listed below for the minor. 1 9 Total Credit Hours 27 1
Please see the General Business Studies minor for list of electives.
- Minimum grades of C- are required in prerequisite courses and are not calculated in the minor GPA.
Three departmental courses are required (two of these must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses MIS 2502 Data Analytics 3 MIS 3504 Digital Design and Innovation 3 Select one of the following: 3 Enterprise IT Architecture Defending Against Cyber Crime Electronic Commerce Site Design Strategic Management of Information Technology Information Systems Innovation Internet Enabled Supply Chains Social Media Innovation Special Topics Co-operative Experience in Management Information Systems Total Credit Hours 9
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
- For more information and to declare or rescind this minor visit the Fox MIS Minor web site.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.