Entertainment Law and Business Minor
- Open only to business students and students in the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Learn about the special legal issues that confront this industry that provides about 2 million jobs a year.
- Provide students with the appropriate knowledge and skills to progress into management careers within the entertainment sector.
- All students are required to take the prerequisite course, LGLS 1101 which is a lower division Fox School foundation.
- Four additional courses are required:
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Courses LGLS 1112 Law for Business 1 3 LGLS 3504 Sports and the Law 3 LGLS 3509 Entertainment Law 3 LGLS 3522 Technology, Privacy and Intellectual Property Law 3 Total Credit Hours 12 1
Three of the four courses required for the minor must be taken at Temple University. Residency excludes the required Legal Studies course that fills the lower division foundation requirement.
Some courses are only offered once a year depending on demand for the course.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required, as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course unless otherwise specified.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.