Corporate Social Responsibility Minor
- Open to business or non-business students.
- Understand how to incorporate economics, the environment, and social responsibility into corporate decision-making. A placement with a community organization practicing sustainability is required as part of BA 3531.
- Six courses required (five of the courses must be taken at Temple University):
Course List Code Title Credit Hours Required Foundation Courses HRM 2511 Corporate Sustainability: People, Profits & Planet 1 3 LGLS 3511 Environmental Law and Sustainability 1 3 BA 3531 Sustainability on the Ground 2 3 Electives Select three of the following: 9 Business Society and Ethics (non-business students only) Energy, Ecology, and Economy Sustainable Organizational Leadership Marketing for the Sustainable Enterprise Doing Well by Doing Good: Where Innovation and Entrepreneurship Meet Social Impact People, Places, and Environment The Environment Sustainable Environments Sustainable Design Total Credit Hours 18 1 2
Students must contact Debbie Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) in spring for permission. This course includes both field study and an academic component.
- Some courses are only offered once a year depending on demand for the course.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in the minor is required as well as a minimum grade of C- in each course.
- Courses cannot be used to meet minor requirements if already used to meet the requirements for a major or a different minor or certificate.
- Courses for the minor must be completed prior to graduation; if completed, the minor will be recorded on the final transcript upon graduation.
To declare or rescind this minor, visit the Fox School of Business and Management.
Interested students should discuss with their home college advisors how the courses in the minor will fit into their overall degree plan and are strongly encouraged to declare the minor early in their academic career.